Thursday, December 31, 2015

12/29 - Adventures in Falling

Day Four

We woke up to a white-blanketed Traverse City - perfect for cross-country skiing!  This was something I had hoped to get the chance to try while I was here.  :)  We rented gear from a local shop and then headed out to find the Vasa Trail....... which we found eventually, in a very round-about fashion.  Smart phones are only so smart.  Luckily, we found a nice quiet trail, perfect for little beginner me.  And Collin was always incredibly sweet about helping me when I fell down, all five times!  :)

It always felt really good to get back up after falling, no matter how much a particular fall shook me up from how it occurred.  Just the getting back onto your feet again is a kind of accomplishment.  Then when you actually start gliding along, you feel on top of the world.

The scenery was stunning and so peaceful.  A perfect adventure.

Later that day we met up with another set of Collin's relatives, who help manage the resort we were staying at.  It was lovely hearing more memories of his early years.  :P











No comments:

Post a Comment